Monday, May 12, 2008

The Bastard of Istanbul, and other Books from Spui

Today, I have left my 32-degrees house immediately after breakfast and shopping, and parked my bike close to Bloemenmarkt. On the way, I stopped in Rembrandtsplein for a while and took photo of the statue (s) : Rembrandt himself and the ones in front..
I went to Spui through Kalverstraat to find a bookshop in the hope that I can find some of the books Sadullah asked me to buy. Just in the corner when you are a bout to make a turn to Spui, I have seen a bookstore: Waterstone. It was amazing: four-floor building full of books. I first saw 'the Bastard of Istanbul' on a shelf. Finally! I was looking forward to buy this book in english. Then, since the bookstore offered "choose from any 3 for 2" campaign, I got two books from Sadullah's list: American God and A Thousand Splendid Suns.

After I left Waterstone, I haver realized that there were two more big english bookstores in the same square, Spui. One of them was Athaneaum, the one Inge and her husband was talking about, and saying that they were even selling turkish books. Hope to be inside next time..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails